Weddings Special Events About Us Gallery Stories Vendors Contact Awards

Our story began here.

The Peter Allen House is the oldest home in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania dating back to 1726.  It is listed on both the National and State Registry of Historic Homes.  The original grant to Peter Allen, a Scots Irish trapper and trader, was for four hundred acres.  The Peter Allen House is built at the base of the Peters Mountain. It served as the elegant host and signature trading post for the migrating settlers of the colonial, pre-Revolutionary western frontier. 

Throughout the Nineteenth Century, the Peter Allen House served as an inn, tavern, and hotel.  It was a welcomed stop on what was then known as the Sunbury Turnpike.  And today, the Peter Allen House serves as a magnificent memorial to early pioneers and settlers with its fine, colonial charm and grace from its descendent heroic ancestry.  Most of the millwork, doors, window glass and flooring in the Main House are original.

Frank and Barbara Pinto are the 17th owners of the Peter Allen House and have lived and worked on this property since 1997.